Saturday, December 29, 2007

Just Getting Started...




Welcome to The Little Read Caboose! Based on my past experience, you'll either think this title is quite funny or quite confusing. If it tickled your funny bone, you can skip ahead. If you're confused, it's like this:

In times past, the last car on a train was the caboose. Traditionally the caboose was red, although it could be any color. So if you were stopped in your car at a railroad crossing, the little red caboose was a welcome sight - your wait for the train to pass was finally over! Now looking at the word "Read" in the title, it can be pronounced two ways. The first way rhymes with "seed" as in "I have to read an article tomorrow for class." The second way rhymes with "bed" as in "I read a great book last summer!" So this Little Read Caboose is a play on words, a welcome sight, but with a small, albeit loyal, readership!

There's been a lot going on in the world from political assassinations to concerns about climate change, gun control, health care reform, and much, much more. After over 50 years of living, I find I just can't keep my opinions to myself any longer! It's time to join the blogging world and have some frank talk about both serious and frivolous issues.

I hope you'll join me and keep your eyes open for the next Little Read Caboose!

4 comments:

Fashion Schlub said...

Bravo on your foray into the exciting (sometimes, ha) world of blogging! I, too, am FINALLY going to get two things (different topics) going - as I've been planning for AGES. But, THIS IS THE YEAR :-)

Love the layout and colors, by the way - nice job.

MaggieDoodle said...

Welcome to the blogging ranks! I'm looking forward to keeping up with your blog, Randy!

thisthatandblog said...

Nice blog Randy -- I've added you to my daily read list!

Iris said...

Interesting title - and makes great sense once you 'splained it. Welcome to blogging - I'm sure you'll be much better at it than I am.